Oh no! There’s a potluck and I have no clue what to bring. I scrounge through my food stores, look at what leftovers I have in the fridge, and worry my lip while I think. I have some beef left over from my pot roast–maybe I could make a noodles and beef with gravy kind of thing. Except I’m not sure how to make gravy and I’m pretty sure I don’t have the ingredients. Noodles and beef. Noodle and beef. Then an idea comes to me, though I worry whether it’s a good idea or one I should decide against: Beef Noodle Casserole. Like my mom’s Chicken Noodle Casserole
So here we go:
- 1 12oz package of egg noodles: the wavy wide kind is best
- about 1 cup of leftover beef, shredded
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- milk, 2 soup cans worth
- about 3/4 to 1 cup of peas or broccoli: I’ve generally use frozen
- about 1 cup of shredded cheese: I used a mixture of sharp cheddar and some leftover mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bring water to boil. Add noodles and cook for about 6 minutes. It will be slightly undercooked.
- Meanwhile, mix beef, soup, milk, vegetable and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add noodles and mix together well.
- Spread into a large casserole dish or 9X13 pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes covered. Last 5-10 minutes remove cover in order to let the top crisp/brown slightly.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 12 oz package of egg noodles
- 1 large can of chicken or about of cup of cooked and cubed chicken
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of cheddar
- 2 soup cans worth of milk
- about 1 cup of peas or broccoli
- about 1 cup of shredded cheese or torn american cheese
Same directions as for beef noodle casserole.